Wednesday, May 16, 2018

How About a Talking Coke Machine?

Sometimes it’s just the little things that make a huge difference between the sighted world and those of us with limited vision.  Take a Coca-Cola fountain dispenser for example.  Why on earth would it not occur to the folks at Coca-Cola that the interactive button-press selections on the “technologically advanced” dispensers that require a touch screen without any type of vocal audio will not work for people like me to make my choice of Diet Coke?  Hey, you guys at Coke, I cannot see to make a choice! I’m betting lots of people with visual maladies can’t either! I have Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy. My optic nerves won’t transmit the images of your product choices from my eyes to my brain. Please, please make the machine talk!

I wrote to Coca-Cola to state my concern and in their stock reply they responded by calling me “mister”. I just don’t think they listen OR read.  Oh, well, guess I’ll have water.