Friday, November 17, 2017

Final Jeopardy Question

I’m a Jeopardy fan and it’s Tournament of Champions Week. When it came down to the final question yesterday, all three true brainiac champions missed.  But I immediately knew it, and for good reason.  The final wager clue was as follows:

      “When Time Magazine named it Invention of the Year in 2007, it was described as too slow, too big, pretty & touchy-feely”

Austin, Alan, and Buzzy all answered incorrectly while I shouted out “What is an IPhone?!” Not sure why they thought it was an iPad or a Tesla Model S.  It was the year 2007 in the clue that gave it away for me, and knowing, too, that it was something worthy of Invention of the Year.  The year 2007 was right before that awful, painful, life changing year of 2008 when I lost my sight.

After two whole years of floundering in my dimly lit world, I came to know my assistive technology instructor who changed my life and future. MaryLee convinced me to begin using an iPod. It was a simple first step into my world of technology.  She said if I could understand the concept of an iPod, I could certainly operate an iPhone.  It didn’t take me long at all to graduate to the iPhone that enabled me to use voiceover, text and email, dictate messages, navigate using Siri and use zoom.  The steps for me were iPod, iPhone, and THEN iPad.

If I’d been a Jeopardy contestant yesterday for certain I’d have gotten the final question. iPad came later, guys.  And I don’t even know about a Tesla Model S. I’ll ask Siri to look that one up for me.


#jeopardy  #LHON  #lebershereditaryopticneuropathy